Enjoy Your Life! Build Your Business! Have Your Way!
Time: January 12, 2013 from 8am to 5pm
Location: Indie Business Studio, Charlotte, NC
Street: 5941 Weddington Monroe Rd
City/Town: Matthews, NC 28104
Website or Map: https://maps.google.com/maps?…
Event Type: business, class
Organized By: dM, CEO
Join the Discussion: Jan 17
New! LIVE Digital audio attendance option!
8 to 8:45 - light refreshments, networking
8:45 to 9 - Speaker introduction
9 to noon -FDA cosmetics labeling regulations
Noon to 1: Lunch
1 to 4 -Good Manufacturing Practices and Protocols
4 to 4:30 - Q+A
Morning - FDA Cosmetics Labeling
Each business that sells products to consumers must comply with some federal government regulations having to do with labeling. Cosmetics manufacturers have the privilege and duty of complying with FDA regulations that ensure an informed buying public.
Some Of What You'll Learn
- a brief history and review of FDA rules that apply
- detailed explanation of all cosmetics labeling requirements
- application of rules for back bar and sampling
- label text size requirements
- how FDA enforces labeling laws
- clarification of the “soap exemption”
- what to do when the law is unclear on a labeling point
- how to distinguish between soap, cosmetics and drugs
- explanation of how US and European Union laws interact
- dozens of product photos and sample labels providing practical application
- and much more!
Afternoon - Good Manufacturing Practices
With guidance from our experienced teacher, you'll see how simple GMP compliance can be.
Some Of What You Will Learn
- Incoming Quality Control - ensuring the integrity of ingredients as they arrive in your facility
- Standardization of Formulations - how to incorporate standard formulas and methods to ensure the predictability and quality of your products
- Manufacturing Records - how to maintain and preserve batch records so you know what products were made when
- Cleanliness - how to choose effective and economical cleaning supplies and equipment
- Creating and following Standard Operating Procedure - how to create a manual of procedures that helps you and your assistants and staff work efficiently to make your products
- and much more!
About Our Presenter
Our presenter is Lela Barker, founder and creative director at Bella Luccè in Columbia, South Carolina, CEO of Lucky Break Consulting, and the author of 155 Words You Need To Know: Practical Wisdom For Creative Entrepreneurs. Lela started Bella Luccè, in the tiny kitchen of an 800 square foot house. Today, Lela works from a 7500 square foot facility making products that have hit the shelves in more than 1,000 spas worldwide, from LA to DubaI to Africa. Lela knows how to run a cosmetics business, and you will have her all to yourself of an entire day in a small group.
Detailed labeling and GMP handouts are included, with ample time for Q&A.