#IndieBusiness Social Network

Enjoy Your Life! Build Your Business! Have Your Way!

I am planning a move sometime soon. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with transferring their LLC from one US state to another. I decided to wait until I move before proceeding. The Dept of State and IRS sites have plenty of info for the process itself, but I just want to hear from any who has done this. The information always help and I do not want my small business to be greatly affected.

Tags: formation, llc

Views: 64

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mimi

Sorry I can't help. I recently just did my LLC on my own and have no plans of leaving the state (NY). I hope it isn't a big deal for you to transfer your LLC over. Good luck!

Melissa

Thanks Melissa! I learned that moving your llc is not as difficult as would be expected. A small business has several options, including the option to dissolve and start anew in the other state. I was given some information by someone who has done just that. The llc as an entity, allows you to choose from up to four different options if the company is moving. Thanks!

As I mentioned, I wanted to hear from soemone with experience and I was lucky to find that person. Below is a link for anyone who might be interested in the basics: http://www.bizfilings.com/learn/moving-business.aspx

RSS

Visit Our Sponsors

Nature's Garden CandlesCustom Kraft Boxes

Meet Donna Maria!

Donna Maria is the founder and CEO of the Indie Business Network. Connect at dM's Profile Pageblog, iTunes, FaceBook, and on Twitter.

Get Product Insurance!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by dM, CEO.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service