#IndieBusiness Social Network

Enjoy Your Life! Build Your Business! Have Your Way!

Ways to get people commenting more with your FB page

I have tested a little bit on the subjects I would write about on my fb page, but there isn't any consistent theme as to what gets your visitors responding.  I have an idea from a wonderful call with Donna Maria that I am going to try.

But can you give me some ideas of other ways to get them going?  I know a giveaway works, but I feel it is a bit short term.

Thanks much

Dawnaurora

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I go through the same thing with my fb page. A long time ago, I posted a comment asking people what their favorite scent/fragrance was and I got 6 comments. Recently I switched it up and asked, "When it comes to bath products, what is one scent/fragrance you refuse to buy?" and 9 people posted a comment. I think it is natural for some people to complain or want to vent a little bit, so I thought posting about a fragrance they hated would work...and it did.

I find it a hit and miss with my fb page. I will post a comment and get a reply or like from someone that has never commented or liked before and I have some that are regulars. 

I have never tried that angle before. I usually ask them for advice on what fragrances are good for a specific season. My DD has started making soaps. I may have to try that.
I know what you mean by hit and miss.
thanks Dusty

Dawn,

Ooooh, can't want to remember what I shared and see how it works.

I am planning an exclusive teleseminar for IBN members on this topic for July. Stay tuned for that, OK?

I have some super easy techniques that have been successful for me

and for others, and I think you'll like them.

So, let me know what I said already, and how it works!

dM

You will see in next week what you shared with me. I think it is a great start to a better relationship with my visitors. That I have noticed is the biggest thing is really starting a relationship with everyone and how they want to know you better personally. What I do try doing is commenting on their posts and supporting them, so I even get to know them better. All about better serving.
I cannot wait for that teleseminar. That is going to be fun. thanks so much. I will keep you updated.
today I want to tackle a video. =) that should be exciting.
I am almost done with my first video blog post.  I need to get it  uploaded and written.  I will have it up tomorrow.
Here is my blog post on a video of the person behind my silicone mold business.  A bit rusty and look a little dorkish,but I had fun.  An I love my business video.  I did receive a "like"  on FB.  I will get better.

Photos are a big draw: your latest batch, or something new that you bought and are going to start using. Anything that will increase interest and create buzz. One of my most popular updates was a shout-out to Online Labels and a photo of my labeled products. That was a surprise.

I also find that if you share first, then more people are willing to reply. Like if I share what I'm doing this weekend, then more fans will share what they have planned in return.

Hey Ruth. I have noticed photos are a big draw. I just bombard them way too much. I know now that with taking photos and what you put up, it has to be inspirational.
I like what technique you have tried. I am going to try that too.
thanks Ruth
Dawn, I have tested the exact same post with a photo and without a photo. I posted first the update without a photo, and then the one with the photo 20 minutes later, using the same profile page account. The post without a photo got no comments. The post with got 12. Not scientific, but proves the point.

I think you are right about the pics.  I know pictures hold attention when put into blog posts.  I have started doing more pics in posts for about a year.  The comments aren't really high, but traffic is very high.  

Love these ideas! Thanks for sharing, Ruth!
I have been playing around with my FB posts. I have started posting little stories of my kids or what not about some of my products when I put them up for sale. Noticed it creates a connection and I am getting better responses.

RSS

Visit Our Sponsors

Nature's Garden CandlesTKB TradingCustom Kraft Boxes

Meet Donna Maria!

Donna Maria is the founder and CEO of the Indie Business Network. Connect at dM's Profile Pageblog, iTunes, FaceBook, and on Twitter.

Get Product Liability Insurance!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by dM, CEO.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service