Enjoy Your Life! Build Your Business! Have Your Way!
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
So many of you asked for it again, so we are delivering it! Indie Beauty Business Regulatory Boot Camp is now available via audio recording, with slides and handouts. This is an exclusive engagement that includes all of the information, plus 7 hours of audio delivered by Lela Barker, plus 400 slides and handouts! Do not miss this opportunity to get this information delivered to your inbox today!
- 7+ hours of precision instruction on GMP, SOP and product labeling
- 400 interactive slides with links, resources, photos and more
- dozens of handouts and templates you can adapt to your business
Session One: 3 audio recordings over 3.25 hours
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP) inspection checklist
- Federal regulatory resource list with quick links
- Quality control - ensuring the freshness of what goes in and what goes out
- Cleanliness - how to clean and what to clean with
- GMP shopping list (where to buy what you need to be GMP compliant)
- Product testing overview and lab resource list
- Record binder maintenance (how to organize for efficiency and in case of inspection; maintaining and preserving batch records so you know what products were made when -- and why this is important)
- Case study: sample microbiology report (what to test, how to read results)
- Creating standard operating procedures (who does what, when, and why?; how to create a manual of procedures that helps you and your assistants and staff work efficiently to)
- 15 steps towards GMP compliance for home manufacturing (this rocks!)
- Labeling and consumer disclosures (including what to say on labels, websites, social media, marketing materials)
- 7 benefits GMP-compliant manufacturers enjoy that you don’t ...
- facility photos and examples of GMP in action at the Bella Luccè facility in Columbia, South Carolina
Session Two: 4 audio recordings over 4.5 Hours
- Case study: sample: specification worksheet
- Case study: sample equipment log
- Case study: sample training log
- Case study: sample part number log
- Case study: sample batch record log
- Case study: sample returned worksheet
- Case study: sample returned product log
- Product labeling, including ingredient declaration, contents, identification information, cosmetic/soap/drug claims, product information placement on labels ...
But wait! There's more -- included is the following!
- a brief history and review of the FDA rules that apply
- detailed explanation of cosmetics labeling requirements
- label text size requirements
- how the FDA enforces labeling laws
- clarification of the “soap exemption”
- how to distinguish between soap, cosmetics and drugs
- photos and sample labels will provide practical application
- and much more!
About Our Presenter
Our presenter is Lela Barker, founder and creative director at Bella Luccè in Columbia, South Carolina, CEO of Lucky Break Consulting, and the author of 155 Words You Need To Know: Practical Wisdom For Creative Entrepreneurs. Lela started Bella Luccè, in the tiny kitchen of an 800 square foot house. Today, Lela works from a 7500 square foot facility making products that have hit the shelves in more than 1,000 spas worldwide, from LA to Duba to Africa. Lela knows how to run a cosmetics business, and you will have her all to yourself of an entire day in a small group.
Detailed labeling and GMP and SOP handouts are included, along with templates you can use in "fill-in-the-blank" fashion for your company!
All soap and cosmetics companies must comply with the same regulations. The tiniest startup is expected to follow the same rules as the largest manufacturers. While any soap and cosmetics companies of all sizes will come away from this event with everything they need, the curriculum will be especially geared toward handmade entrepreneurs who are manufacturing in very small spaces as solepreneurs or with a very tiny staff. It's all about empowering you to run your business efficiently and with the peace of mind you need to advance with confidence.
We'll bring all the goodies to the event on January 12th and you can browse through the treasure box to pick your favorite!
Remember, if you are not an IBN member, you'll pay the non-member price below. You can join IBN here.