#IndieBusiness Social Network

Enjoy Your Life! Build Your Business! Have Your Way!

Ok y’all…I’ve got to admit, this week’s motivational post has been a booger to nail down.  In fact, I can’t say that I’ve come anywhere near to nailing it. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.  It's not easy! But here is the jist of what I wanted to bring you today.

Have you ever thought about how you think?  No this isn’t a trick question. It’s not some mental evaluation or deeply insightful.  It’s a demonstration of what I’ve been experiencing this past weekend. Here’s an example of how my thought processes went yesterday.  I’ve written it like it has been, as a non-stop stream of thoughts.  If you read it that way, you’ll get the idea.

“I need to get the Monday motivation written and ready to post in Indie Social.  How can I possible add anything new, fresh, unexplored?  What hasn’t been covered?  What could I expand on from another perspective?  Susan, Mary, Melissa, dM....they all offer so much in the way of motivation and inspiring content.  I’m the newbie among the group....I don’t have as much to offer because I don’t have as much business experience.  I’ll troll the internet to see what jumps out at me.  When did that cobweb get there? Gosh, is that a Cheerio under the couch?  I need to do some major cleaning before the holidays.  I really need to get my newsletter done.  CRAP! More writing that needs to be done and I have no ideas whatsoever.   Oh look! What a cute pic that so and so posted!  Wow! She sure is looking good! .  Oh, I wish I had known about that show earlier.  I bet it would have been a good one.  Dang! He’s more of a drama queen than most teen girls!  I should clear this clutter off my ottoman (my make shift living room work desk).  I really hate having to hit the Refresh button to keep the feed updated on Facebook.  GEEZ!  Writer’s block sucks and blows all at the same time!  My idea bank is just completely empty.  Oh, I should reply to that tweet.  I need to get my bookwork done.  I really need to reformulate that product.  I want to get those new graphics and designs done soon.  Oh what fragrances should I do for Christmas this year? I better check emails while I’m on here.  I really want to paint this room.  A nice medum toned mossy green would be pretty!  That’s a good article.  Maybe there’s some potential there.  What should I make for supper?  Hey that looks like another really good article.  I’ll click the link to check it out.  Honey, go check on Little Man.  He’s being awfully quiet. What in the world can I write about this week?  Crap! This link is taking forever to load. Hit the stop and refresh buttons!  Yes!  That made it load right up. I need to go put sour cream on the grocery list. I better do that right now before I forget.  Oh my head hurts." 

Seem vaguely familiar to you?  Do you see the problem?  SCATTERED THINKING!  And not just regarding business.  I have been going back and forth between professional and personal when I sit down to write or do anything business related on the computer these last few days.  That is just part of being an Indie, right?  Seems like the more I have to do, the more my thinking gets scattered about and I lose focus. The more pressures I feel and tentacles there are pulling on me, the more it tends to happen.  I see you nodding your head over there.  It happens to you too, doesn’t it?  I thought so.  It’s not unusual when you think about it.  You have a busy life with responsibilities to attend to with business, home, family, extra-curricular activities, life in general.   It can all be so overwhelming, don't you think?

Truth is we are inundated with information and responsibilities from all sides.  Business articles, social media, local events, online events, tutorials, videos, bookwork and record keeping, customer care, product making, family situations, home life, friends, local-national-world news.....and on and on and on and on and.....!  All this can make for BRAIN OVERLOAD, which often results in scattered thinking.  It is not easy to deal with or overcome. especially when there is technology everywhere, things to do, places to go, people to see.   What to do about it.....that is the question? 

Instead of giving out instructions and assignments in today’s article, I'm deferring to y'all.  I want you all to be the motivators.  The local leaders aren't the only ones who can contribute and motivate, you know.  You have something to give too. 

You really thought I had some clever, insightful and meaningful words for you, huh?  LOL....remember.....I’m experiencing brain overload with scattered thinking right now.  My OP needs a Refresh.

So tell us…Indie.  How do you overcome scattered thinking?  What works for you? What ways have you found to be effective when you need to refresh your brain?  Do you close out some open windows to decrease information downloads?  Do you step away and let time be on your side? Just what can you share that will help many of us with brain overload, recollecting scattered thinking and can help us refresh our operation system? The platform is yours.  Ready – GO!

Ginger Moore

IBN Local Director-Chattanooga, TN

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know it sounds weird but when my mind is running 100 mph in different directions and I can't get anything done, I stop and organize a closet, drawer or the pile of papers on my desk.  Anything, it doesn't make a difference what it is. Seeing a mess and organizing it seems to give me the illusion that I am in control. Then I can start sorting through the things my mind is telling me to do, putting them in an order that makes sense to me.

Angela

Doesn't sound weird at all...I may have to try that one next time.  I have lots of stuff that I can stop and organize or clean out.  It's about that time of year too.  Most do spring cleaning, I do fall or winter cleaning.  I've always been a fruit loop in a world full of cheerios....LOL.

RSS

Visit Our Sponsors

Nature's Garden CandlesTKB TradingCustom Kraft Boxes

Meet Donna Maria!

Donna Maria is the founder and CEO of the Indie Business Network. Connect at dM's Profile Pageblog, iTunes, FaceBook, and on Twitter.

Get Product Liability Insurance!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by dM, CEO.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service