#IndieBusiness Social Network

Enjoy Your Life! Build Your Business! Have Your Way!

Great day,

I made my first batch of Shea Butter lotion and it turned out well for the skin. I made it using Unrefined Shea Butter, a drizzle of honey (own addition to the recipe), Olive oil. I took my pot of Butter when I was travelling last weekend, and I was disappointed when all my butter melted into liquid form .

Could someone help me with a solution for this. I live in a hot and moist country. Can I blend the Shea Butter with water to dilute it? PLease advise.

Rgds

Subha Dharan

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can add water, but then you will need to use a "lotion" recipe and preservatives.  To increase the melting point try adding beeswax, jojoba wax, cocoa butter or another high-melting point butter.  You can also decrease the amount of liquid oils (olive oil).  All of these will increase the melting point, but they will also change the texture and "feel" of the final product.  Depending on your temps, you may also need to just keep these in the cooler when you travel.

Hope this helps.  Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you very much for the tips. Shall try a new batch next week with the ingredients you have quoted me and share

with you the outcome. Thanks again.

Rgds

Subha Dharan

RSS

Visit Our Sponsors

Nature's Garden CandlesCustom Kraft Boxes

Meet Donna Maria!

Donna Maria is the founder and CEO of the Indie Business Network. Connect at dM's Profile Pageblog, iTunes, FaceBook, and on Twitter.

Get Product Insurance!

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by dM, CEO.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service